Accounting and Financial Control Manager
Honeyrose Products Ltd established in Suffolk since 1910 has been the market leader in the production of tobacco free and nicotine free herbal cigarettes and smoking products and is looking for an experienced Financial Manager to join their established team in Ipswich.
The successful applicant will review the structure of the business to ensure that it correctly reflects the aspirations of management and is in line with operating efficiency, will assist in improving the accounting, strategic policy, plan internal control system, assess the implications for the organization financial mechanisms and assess/advise on factors affecting business performance participating in the formulation of strategic and long-term business plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of Accounting and Stock Control Systems, maintaining accurate and up to date stock records, supporting stock management and production planning and schedules.
- Regularly advise on inventory levels and ordering requirements. Periodically reviews all prices and provide costings for new developments.
- Liaising with purchasing, design and marketing teams based in Armenia.
- Manage the company’s financial systems, ensure Accounting and Stock Control Systems are kept up-to-date and the opening balances and stock cut off procedures are correct and agree with physical stock check.
- Prepare necessary monthly reports on product movements within EU, UK and overseas and potential duty calculations as per HM Revenue & Customs reporting requirements for excise products.
- Arrange for the collection and analysis of accounting, budgetary and related information including forecasts, cash flow projections, debtor and creditor reports and inventory reports for monthly meetings, advising on factors affecting business performance.
- Run credit control and periodically review the procedures to make sure collection processes are secure and as effective as possible.
- Prepare reports for and attend meetings with HM Revenue & Customs Officials during inspections of the Company’s Excise facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in Mathematics/Accounting
- At least 2 years+ experience in the tobacco industry or with tobacco products.
- Experience in stock/inventory control
- Financial reporting
- Experience in audit procedures
- Computer literate, organised, able to prioritise and deliver results
- Good knowledge (oral and written) of English and Armenian is essential
Location: Suffolk, England Salary: £50,000 Closing Date: 27th May 2018
To apply: send covering letter and CV with your contact details to: email@example.com
Interviews for shortlisted applicants to be held between 29th and 31st May 2018